Monday, May 14, 2012

My Personal Favorite Cold Protein Coffee Smoothie Recipes


You can find a lot of different coffee recipes online, but I think the best ones are the ones we all make for ourselves. I have a personal favorite that I call Cameo Coffee in memory of my mother. It has my favorite ingredients as well as those my mom used to love. I use my Magic Bullet or my Ninja Without further ado, here it is.

Cameo Coffee Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup of brewed, cold coffee (Decaf is fine if you prefer)
  • 2 tbsp of plain Cabot Greek yogurt (only 7 grams of sugar-avoid the lowfat and fat free yogurts because they are loaded with sugars from 9 grams up to 12 or more)
  • 1/2 cup of cappuccino flavored soy milk or any other non-dairy, unsweetened milk like coconut milk, almond milk, hemp milk or rice milk. (You do not have to use flavored milk)
  • 1/8 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp of Stevia sweetener
  • 1 full scoop of a good whey or soy protein mix in chocolate or vanilla flavor

Instructions

Add yogurt first then brewed, cold coffee (I put a 1/2 cup in the freezer from the morning's brew for my midday lunch or the night before for my breakfast. I think the best way is to use a small ice tray.), cappuccino soy (or other non-dairy) milk, vanilla extract, Stevia powder (use half as much for liquid Stevia) and finally one full scoop of chocolate whey or soy protein. Blend in a blender, Magic Bullet or Ninja for at least 30 seconds to one minute or until completely blended.

This high protein coffee smoothie recipe is highly palatable which makes it a lot easy for those of us who do not like the taste of protein powders or yogurt.




No comments:

Post a Comment